Wednesday, March 23, 2011

To Infinity and Beyond!

So I dont really have the time to think up a different topic to write about, so I guess the future it is. I'm a Junior at high school, and right now the only thing I think about is universities (or rather, all my parents want me to think about). i've already taken the SAT once, and I'm debating taking it again or trying the ACT (or both).

So far, my plan is that i'm going to try to get in to the bigshot universities in the states. i want to either be an engineer, or pursue a career in academia, so my big american schools are places like Harvard, MIT, Princeton and whatnot. Now obviously the chances of me getting in are pretty low, but I still feel like I want to make the effort and try, if only to be able to say that i did what i could. I'm not really interested in any middle tier USA schools because the cost of studying in America is only really going to be worth it if I get a better education than anywhere I'd get in my country, or if I can get a degree from some place with a great reputation.

If i dont get into any of those schools though I'm probably just going to go to a canadian university. The University of Western Ontario is a popular choice for a lot of people in my family's circle of friends, but i have personally got my eye on McGill University, in Montreal. I could also go to the University of Toronto, but I don't know whether i want to go to university in the same place I grew up. I sort of think that University is a great time to branch out and see more of the world, and so I think staying in my city might be a waste of that potential.

Anyways, thats my future in a nutshell. If anyone wants a tv show to watch, try community. Its really funny, but also very meta, in the sense that it references a lot of outside things. This is especially good if you can get all of the references, which you probably will be seeing as you guys are nerds like me :p

anyways, hope your week is good, and your future is even better. DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment