Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Introduction

Sorry, this might be a little late -
Hey everyone! I'm Susie, I'm 16, and but I'm wouldntchangeathing in Your Pants (hehe still laughing at that joke). I guess I tell about what I'm into and stuff like anomalous_bibliophagus did. By the way, this is going to be great! I'm so excited.

- I am also a HUGE HP nerd. I love all of the books, with The Deathly Hallows being my favorite. I also really liked the first part of the seventh movie. I can read the books over and over again without getting tired of them. Whenever my family travels, I always bring at least one Harry Potter book just in case I run out of things to do.

- I am also really into music, I really couldn't live without it. The thing is, when I hear a new band or song that I love, I get really obsessed with them. Unfortunately, after listening to it for about a month on repeat, I find a new obsession or get tired of it. It's really sad. Currently, I'm infatuated with a band called Angels and Airwaves. I recently bought Phoenix's album called Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and I've been listening to Anberlin, blink-182, Box Car Racer, and Paramore.

- I really love reading. There's just something about being able to create a movie in your mind. It might just be me, but I get kind of annoyed when books are made into movies and they don't follow the book and the people look nothing like the characters you picture in your own head. I really like books like Pride and Prejudice, The Tale of Two Cities, and Jane Eyre, but I also love modern, teen books, as well.

- Art is also something I love to do, there are just so many things you can try. I recently took a digital photography class and I really liked it. I also love 3D art like sculpting and using the pottery wheel (even though I'm not that great with clay). I generally like making 3D things more than just painting or drawing.

In school, I really love my British Literature class this year. We have an amazing teacher and we read some really good books (I really disliked the Iliad, though). I like history too, but I do not have a good teacher this year. Last year I had a great one. I take French, and I really hope I become good enough to actually speak it well. I play soccer for my school, and we just started our season - I'm on JV. My coach is from France, so maybe I can use my (not so great) French skills!

My Recommendation:
If you like British Literature, like Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre, I would recommend The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte (Charlotte Bronte's sister). It's about a lady who has kind of a mysterious past. I'm not done with it yet, but it's been really good so far. There was a British mini-series about it, and it was good (and there's a really cute guy in it).

Talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment