Friday, March 11, 2011

TGIF

Hello, everyone! I'm Emily (or effyeahemily in Your Pants). I'm 17 years old, and I'm from Washington state. I'm in my last year of high school, which is pretty exciting.

First of all, I'm a bit of a science and math nerd. Math and science have the ability to accurately explain everything in my world, and these elegant explanations never cease to fascinate me. And tomorrow I'm heading off to a Science Olympiad competition, where teams of 15 compete in 20-something events that are all somehow related to science. It will involve a lot of fun, and hopefully a lot of winning. I'm actually really excited about it.

I'm also a violinist. I've been playing since I was 10, and I still love it. I've never taken private lessons; I just learn through orchestra classes at my school. I prefer playing in groups. It's a lot more fun that way.

I'm not really a big Harry Potter fan. I've tried reading the series several times, but I just haven't been able to get into them. The movies are good, though. However, I've definitely become a fan of Doctor Who. I started watching over the summer because I had heard that it was good and had found a link to watch it online, and I was hooked instantly. I can't wait for the new season to start!

There are several other shows that I love. There's Mythbusters, Community, The Big Bang Theory, Glee (although it's been getting worse over time), Raising Hope, The Colbert Report, and The Daily Show with John Stewart. And then there are the shows I loved that aren't on the air anymore: Lost, Heroes, and Scrubs are the major ones. And then there are my guilty pleasures, like Degrassi and America's Next Top Model. I think I watch too much television...

I'm also a knitter. I learned how to knit over winter break. I found out that I had been accepted to my top choice college on the first day of break, so instead of stressing and struggling with college applications, I decided to learn how to knit. I'm still a beginner, but I've learned a lot so far. I'm always finding tons of cool, free patterns online. Hopefully I'll be able to make them. I'm currently working on a pair of mittens for my sister, and they're turning out quite well.

My recommendation: Listening to the song "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham! Lately, I've been in the mood for ridiculously peppy songs, and this always seems to work. No matter how sad you are, blasting this song in your car and dancing along to it will make you feel like this:

Anyway, that's probably enough about me for now. You guys all seem like awesome people, I can't wait to get to know you better through this blog!

2 comments:

  1. "Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident."

    ReplyDelete