Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Obsessions

I guess, like all Nerdfighters, I have some sort of obsession with the Internet. My obsessions probably aren't as intellectual as others.

One of my obsessions is with YouTube (which is pretty common, I'm guessing). I personally don't make videos, but I think it's incredible that we're able to create things about our lives or interests and share it with others. YouTube helps spread ideas, art, and creativity. I also think that it's awesome that people can make money doing what they love, which is making people laugh or think, using their videos. I worship the person who thought of YouTube. My favorite YouTubers are the Vlogbrothers (obviously), WheezyWaiter,Charles Trippy and Alli, Toby Turner/Tobuscus, Charlie McDonnell, and Alex Day. I also love listening to music on YouTube.

I'm also an obsessive online shopper. I'm currently banned (by my mother) from buying anymore clothes. It's the best thing to do when you're bored during class. :) I have a Facebook, but I really don't spend that much time on it.

Part 2:

I really like learning, but it has to be from a good teacher. For example, last year I had an amazing history teacher. I really like history and learning about cultures, so it was awesome. Have you ever had a teacher that would let you bring up something totally off topic and you'd talk about it for the rest of the class? My teacher was like this, and I loved it. This year, however, my teacher is kind of awful. She's really not good. I don't think she's knows anything about the subject. Anyway, the point is, I like learning. (I kind of ranted there for a minute, sorry about that.)

I also like literature, but I have problems understanding it sometimes. In my British Literature class, we're talking about Macbeth, but I can never follow what they're saying. I envy the people who think Shakespeare is easy. I think math and science are really important, and I like how it's always a right or wrong answer, not something that can be interpreted differently. The creative aspect of literature is amazing, though.

I can't think of a recommendation. :( Sorry!

P.S. Did you watch A Very Potter Musical?

DFTBA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment