Friday, May 13, 2011

VWORP VWORP VWORP

I'm really happy about how this season of Doctor Who is turning out. I don't even know how to express how awesome it is. It's magnificent and I hope it stays that way.

I find it hard to theorize about the show because anything I come up with is probably too simple for Moffat. When it comes to River, I have no idea what she could be. I feel like Moffat is hiding something big, and we'll never know what it is until he tells us. I think this is why I'm really unsure of how I feel about how the relationship between the Doctor and River is shaping up. I love how we're finally getting to know River more as a person and I love how they interact now, but at the same time I feel like this relationship is too simple. So far it's just a sad timey-wimey romance story, and it would be boring for them to just continue in this direction because we know exactly where it leads. Predictable stories are boring.

I guess we still have to find out about who she kills. I feel like it might have been future River in the astronaut suit killing the Doctor, but maybe not. My other idea is that she kills Rory, but I really don't want that happen. The poor guy has already died enough times. He deserves a break.

Amy's sort-of-pregnancy is blowing my mind even more. My best guess is that the Silence did something strange to her while they kept her captive and impregnated her, and because the Silence are so strange, the pregnancy scanner can't figure out what the heck is going on. Or perhaps they put some Doctor DNA into her womb and are trying to grow a partially time lord pilot for their pseudo-TARDIS, and the little time-head girl is the result of that. Somehow.

And then there's eye-patch lady. I don't even know what to think of her. Sorry if this is seeming a bit rambley and scattered. There is just so much confusion in this season and I love it. My mind tends to just shout jibberish whenever I try to wrap my head around things. Everything is insane and mind-blowing and exciting. I can't wait to find out what's really going on. And I can't wait for tomorrow's episode written by Neil Gaiman.

Speaking of Neil Gaiman, my recommendation for this week is Stardust, which is written by him. I feel like I may have suggested this before, but whatever. It's still an adorable book. I finally finished it tonight and it's so cute. There's also a movie based of it, and it's one of the few that's pretty much as good as the book.

Also, I recently introduced my dad to Doctor Who, and I just caught him walking around saying, "Are you my mummy?" Makes me proud. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment