Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good News?

I learned the news about Osama bin Laden when my mother popped her head into my room and said, "Go watch the news, Osama bin Laden has been killed." I guess I was originally happy to hear it, but I have to agree with Rebecca. Celebrating about the death of someone is really wrong.

I understand that the people cheering in front of the White House and other places were probably caught up in the moment and just relieved, but I don't think they should be celebrating. Yes, we should announce that we've taken a big step in the war against terror, but a death is not something to be happy about.

When President Obama made his address, I don't think that he was saying the death brought the justice. I think Obama meant that the justice came from stopping bin Laden from committing anymore crimes. I'm not a supporter of war, but I think that Obama and the government handled the situation well.

I glad that many family members of 9/11 victims can have closure and relief, but I would definitely not encourage celebration.

My Recommendation: it's May! Go outside and sit in the sun! I apologize if it's still really cold where you live, but I'm really loving the weather right now!

DFTBA :B

No comments:

Post a Comment