Thursday, June 2, 2011

.... *looks around*

... Hello? Hellooooo? So, are anyone here, or am I ruling this by myself? *smiles*
Anyway, even if I did have the blog for myself, I wouldn't know what to write.

So, exams are getting closer. And I dont actually know what day I'm going. Sooo, I have to call my school one of the days. My country is a bit patriotic (I can't seem to understand why), but it's made like, that I can't use any material that's been translated from English, which sucks, given my topic was "evil in older novels". I wanted to use either Hamlet or Snow White. But my teacher wouldn't let me do that. So I'm stuck with H. C. Andersen's The Snow Queen. I didn't know that fairytale before I had to read it for exam (btw, that is a bad idea).. I hate that fairytale. No offence, to you, if you like it, but Gerda spends the ENTIRE SUMMER listening to the flowers' fairytales, then it gets autumn and she's like: golly! I forgot! I have to find Kay!
And then, of course she finds him. Although, I still don't see The Snow Queen as evil. I mean, yes, it would suck to get an evil mirror in the eye, and heart, but isn't that just pessimism?

I could go on with that for a while. But one more thing. The part where I'm not allowed to use English stuff. What is up with my teacher saying it's okay to use the Bible? (I'm an atheist. And I'm sorry, if I've crossed you - really)
.. But The Bible shouldn't be an exception. I think it's either no translated stuff at all, or all kinds of translated material. It must be one way or another.
Anyone else just got that song stuck in your heads?

.... Onwards.
My baby cousin (girl) and my smaller baby cousin (boy) is coming over this weekend, for me (and my mum to babysit them) - It's a bit funny how English hasn't got any gender-cousin stuff. I can't wait! They're both so cute, and it'll be a blast!

I've never been the sort of person who'd go: oh-my-god-this-band-is-making-a-new-album-and-I-gotta-have-it, but now I can't wait for Chameleon Circuit's Still Got Legs and Lauren Fairweather's The Prince's Tale.

I think that's it for me.

My thursday top 3:
1. A Good Man Goes to War is only in a couple of days!
2. The birthday I have to go to, tomorrow. This means friends, good times and a reason to dress up.
3. Tea. Just because. And the packages I'm waiting for to arrive. And Starkid soundtracks. At the same time.

.. I hope I'll see ya'll next week, kay? It's a big blog to keep for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment