Friday, June 24, 2011

It's still thursday, right?

I can't believe I forgot it! I actually knew, and it was in my calendar. I have no one to blame.. But Lost. I mean, me. No, Lost.
I'm watching Lost season 5 and it is sooo good. At the end of season four, I was like: wait, what? Nononono, that can't happen!
So I was naturally very eager in getting the next adventures, since everything was just.. chaos, and death, and bombs, and helicopters (not exactly what you expect from a "lost on a deserted island" show, I'm very aware, but it's still so amazing)

My heroes are - both fictional and real - and responsible for the fictional characters.
I wouldn't say any "real" people are my heroes, because sometimes, we are all let down by our families and friends, so I'd rather say, that fictional people are my favorites, and those I look up to. Simply because, I can choose along the road, which people I like and dislike.

JKR is an obvious one. I love her and I love her world, I love how she was able to make other people love her fantasy world as well. It's amazing to accomplish what she has done, and I hope that in my lifetime, I will be able to experience another great, and as big phenomenon. But Harry will always have a special place in my heart.

I love Jane Austen as well; even if I have to argue why every single time I am asked. It's simply because she was brave. Brave and witty, and cultured and precise. The best thing about old books and stories, are the culture. And how different everything is today, from back then.
She dared writing witty and smart stories about the upper society, and how silly she found it. And yet, the irony of, how easy it was for her, a simple woman, to imagine how that kind of life was. Her characters are wellknown, and loved all over the world, 200 years later, which isn't something many people can say. Everyone, everywhere is looking for their own mr. Darcy. Maybe without even knowing; but that man is more a gentleman than any other fictional character ever written.

I love John Green as well, simply because he makes stories that are both witty, hardhitting and he likes weird stuff, entertwines it with his stories and makes it work. Even if it is, as he says, Swedish hiphop, which I can only imagine, is not great. (Since Sweden is the neighbor country, and I think their language is weird and almost Danish, it must sound.. Bad. Since Danish hiphop is bad. Scandinavian logic.) I love his stories and I love that his books are new, and a story we haven't heard before.

I love the Doctor. He's everywhere and anywhere, he has never any time, he has to run, and yet he is the last of the Time Lords, and saves everyone, someway or another. I think he's a great character, with both the young and so, so old nature - from funny to serious in a matter of seconds, and ready to save the day, and bear the responsibility, if something goes wrong. So young and so old, which is making the perfect amount of funny.

I love Harry Potter, because I grew up with him. His worries, angst, friends, experiences, and eventually love. It's still a bit weird to understand, that it ends soon, but I've loved every second of the ride, and considered myself a person, who have stuck with Harry until the very end, from the very beginning. Not his, when the book came out, but from mine. Right from when I could read.

I love Hermione Granger. Because I grew up with her as well, but mostly because I've always considered myself as her. I've seen so much of her in me. She's brave - which I may not be, she's clever and loyal (two things I do consider myself) and she's the kind of girl I'd like to grow up to be.

Very superficially, my newest hero is Daniel Faraday from Lost. He's just so... Cool. And sweet. He was introduced a couple of episodes ago, but he's my new favorite (what with Jack and Locke being totally crazy and power-loving) but Faraday is cool. He reminds me a bit of the Doctor, because of the timetravelling and the ability to understand and explain it. Even if it becomes a bit wibbly-wobbly at times. I love how sweet and forward he is, and I really hope, that there's a good explanation for, why he left his exgirlfriend so suddenly after her incident, because I can't imagine him being evil.

I have a lot of heroes, most superficial, but I could continue all day. So I'll just mention some names of those, who comes to mind: Charlie Pace (Lost), Remus Lupin, Benjamin Linus (Lost) etc.

And one more I'd like to add, which I figured would be too long to add, is Albus Dumbledore. He's just so cool and understanding. And has the best quotes. Oh, man I nearly forgot David Tennant! I hope he'll forgive me.

I actually forgot my graduation from 10th grade yesterday as well. But it's okay, 'cause I didn't really care. Even my mum forgot it, and told me an hour ago. Instead I had a lovely day with Lost on my tv.

That was one VERY long blogpost. Makes up for the short one last thursday. And lack for yesterday. Righ

No comments:

Post a Comment