Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bad day

Rebecca, you are soo lucky! That camp sounds so awesome. I wish there was something like that here. Seriously, I envied you sooo much, when I read it the first time. Enjoy it!

Well, this is a bad day for me - because I've been dreading work all day; I got on the train, finally. The train stopped at every. single. stop. That meant I was a bit late, when I arrived, I went to the staffdoor, which was locked. So not only was I even more late, but people were staring at me, for trying to open a closed gate. Brilliant.
Then I had to walk the entire way back to the grand opening, which costed me a few minutes. then I couldn't find the effing stall! And I ran and ran around the entire place, until I remembered where it was, and went there. When I arrived, no adults were there (which would've been nice, instead of all the cocky teenagers with their I-am-in-charge-so-just-listen-cause-I'm-cooler-and-four-months-older-than-you attitudes) So I was late, and this really bitchy guy (not everyday you meet a such one) and he was all "we arrive here sharp and dressed. Now it's past the time you should have started and you are not dressed" I WAS LATE WITH ONE MINUTE.
There I was, in my - correctly observed - purple sweater, confused and now annoyed with bitchy-boy. Bitchy-boy was continuing being bitchy, and I got more and more upset, because I didn't think I wanted to keep the job anyway, and the stress and bitchy-boy just pushed me over the edge, so instead of going to my shift, I went up and quit. My boss seemed nice about it, so it made me feel better.
I've been thinking about, what kind of job I'd like instead. I'd love to be doing the lazy person's job. Like blogging or writing. But since that is obviously not going to happen (given this is a slow country and .. that would just never happen. And if it did, I'm not born in the lucky-stuff-just-happens-to-me batch)
So, I've figured. I like my small cousins. I could babysit. Or pick up kids from the local kindergarden/club. (I live 500 metres from the club and a kindergarden) - this could happen. I could get a supermarket job (even if it does seem a bit embarrasing)
I don't know why, but I think work is embarrasing. It sounds completely ridicolous, but I never told any of my local friends, because I was afraid they'd come and say hi. Which, in my eyes, is worse than failing to make a candyfloss three times in a row. Which, by the way, did happen. And that was bad.

So now I'm home early, and tomorrow (while I'm waiting for Portal 2 to arrive) I'll be writing applications for various jobs and offer to pick up/entertain kids.

Thursday Top 3 - music edition:
1. Hideous Creatures - Starship
2. Teenage Dream - Glee version (Darren Criss!)
3. Make Your Own Kind Of Music (simply because, it reminds me of Lost)

Oh, and by the way.. A hilarious song title I read was on one of the Lost soundtracks, that I can't get out of my head: "Your kharma hit my Dharma" HA!

DFTBA till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment