Thursday, June 16, 2011

Zoos and animal rights

I don't consider myself an animal rights activist either, but I believe that all animals should be treated with respect. It is the owner who chooses to get an animal, the animal does not choose you.
I enjoy going to the Zoo, given that I like animals, as long as they're not forced to do anything or are sad.
I was in Berlin Zoo about 10 months ago, and I saw Knut, and he was very cute. But there was one of the polar bears who didn't look happy, but kept walking back and forth, which worried my family and I. We weren't sure if it was Knut, but I felt really sorry for the poor polarbear anyway.
My dad later on told me it was because it was bored and didn't know what to do, but I'm not entirely sure. I still don't know.

That is the only negative experience I've ever had in a Zoo, but the rest of the day in Berlin Zoo was actually good - they had this fence, and inside it was open for goats, geese and ducks to walk around as they pleased, and horses and donkeys were in cages, but it was all good, because they had loads of fans and attention (majority of those were 7 year old girls and me)
But it was a good Zoo, and we even saw animals I didn't know and a hippopotamus baby.

I'm not a vegetarian yet, but as soon as I'm a legally adult, I will pursue vegetarianism. I think it's important to stand up against animal cruelty, which is also why I am against real leather and fur.

I don't mind fake fur, leather, feathers etc, but killing animals should not be a fashion choice.

Thursday top 3:
1. Tickets to Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2
2. Weekend at my Grandma's
3. Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment