Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Music!

So to go in a completely different direction than Rebecca, I'm going to talk about music! It can be our theme, if that's okay with everyone. I'm extremely sorry if you're not into music, but I really wanted to blog about this. :)

I spend a lot of my time listening to music. I listen during study halls, homework, and just doing other things. I know that multitasking isn't very good, but some things are too boring to go without music. My mom usually has to yell at me every night, "It's nine o'clock! Turn off the music!" I definitely consider myself to be a music nerd.

One thing about my musical taste is that if I love a song/band, I become obsessed with it and can't stop listening to it/them over and over for days. Eventually, I find a new song/band to be infatuated with, and the old song is left in the dust. It really is sad. I think I'm getting better at it, though.

I'm really into alternative rock or pop punk/rock. I just started listening to a band called You, Me, and Everyone We Know. They are really good and I almost saw them at a concert on Saturday, but I missed them by about 2 minutes. I was so disappointed. I also saw the Ready Set, We Are The In Crowd, The Downtown Fiction, and All Star Weekend. It was amazing. Paramore and the Glamour Kills Tour (the one with the Ready Set, You, Me, and Everyone We Know, etc) are the only concerts I've been to, other than free, outdoor ones in my city. I really love going to concerts, so I hope I get a chance to go to some more!

Like a lot of people, I've had music phases. Because I was born in the 90's, I was a fan of the Backstreet Boys and Avril Lavigne when I was younger. (who didn't listen to a 90's boy band?) I also had a weird Shania Twain kick, too. I don't really know where that came from. After that, I really got into Paramore, and they kind of opened my eyes to the world of music. Lately, I've been into Angels and Airwaves, Anberlin, Box Car Racer, and blink-182. I like some YouTube musicians, like Hank and Charlie McDonnell, but I don't listen to them that much.

I don't know about you guys, but I really like having an actual, physical album, not just the songs off of iTunes. I like looking at the covers and the lyric books. People put so much time into thinking about their album cover. I do have an iPod, though. They are so handy!

As you can probably see, I really love music and I cannot live without it! Thanks for letting me talk about it for a while!

Recommendation: You, Me, and Everyone We Know! Just check them out! If you don't like them, that's fine! Every one's got their own tastes. Talk to ya later!

DFTBA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment