Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Feminism and Everything Else

Sorry I missed last week! I completely spaced, so I guess I can cover everything this week.

I agree that feminism shouldn't undermine men, but that women need to stand up and win their rights. Women's rights have improved a lot in the last century, but there is a lot of things that could be done to improve it. Another part of it is education. The world would be so much better if all women were educated. Have you seen the Girls, Inc. videos? I think it's totally true that empowering women would have a huge, positive effect on the world. But, if feminism is taken to extreme heights, we would just have a lot of crazies running around.

I also think that Facebook can be a great way to have fun, spread ideas, and voice your opinions, but people will say things that they wouldn't say face to face. Arguments can get can get out of hand and be misunderstood online. For example, a band that recently broke up, You Me and Everyone We Know, is currently having a huge argument online, with everyone else to see. It's getting really crazy and I don't know who to believe. It's really sad to see a band that I love break-up and then there is all this drama going on, as well. I don't think that the band members have talked personally, either, they are just reading posts on a website to see what the other side is saying.

My recommendation is the band, You Me and Everyone We Know. Hopefully you won't pay attention to the argument going on.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a good Easter (or if you don't celebrate it, a good Sunday).

Emily, that picture was hilarious! I loved the new Doctor Who! The creepy alien is freaking me out, though. :)

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment