Thursday, April 28, 2011

Growing up with Harry Potter

Hey guys! It's so good to see you all posting again! (:

As you can tell from the title, I can't manage to talk about anything else (and sorry, non-Harry Potter fans in advance!) - 'cause I've just seen the trailer.
And I CRIED. I tried not to, because I made fun of my mum for crying at the end of the trailer to Mao's Last Dancer - so that she wouldn't make fun of me. But I failed miserably. I love Harry Potter, and I remember watching the movie for the first time; where in the scene with the giant chessboard, running to the kitchen and peek through the door and secretly watch what happened. I scribbled "Simone, 7" in my second book, and I remember getting the sixth book for either my eleventh or twelth birthday. I literally grew up with HP and I have trouble imagining myself be able to love another series as much as HP. I wouldn't say it changed my life, I'd rather say it helped me become how I am now. Maybe, if I hadn't had something nice and fiction to enter, I'd be insane, because I had a hard time growing up. I didn't like being a child, and I started reading YA books when I was 9 or 10, to feel more grown-up.

I actually imagined I'd be writing something about Doctor Who for this week, because of the series opener last saturday, so I'll just squeeze in something. Emily, I really liked your Silence gif. But I am a bit scared of the Silence. Not really because - and this is unusual - because of their powers (I mean, not very scary that you forget about it), but their appearance. (Oh, and sorry non-Doctor Who fans as well) - oh the fandoms! - anyway, I was so scared when it attacked that poor, random woman!
I can't wait for the next episode - and this series in its entire.
And I have one message: Steven Moffat, if you even consider putting Rory in more danger than usual, I will hunt you down and make you rewrite the script, and make him hero of the day (I mean, the Doctor is always the dashing hero, but I'm sure he can live with Rory saving the day once in a while) - Oh, and any good theories on who River Song is?

I see this is getting kind of short.. And sentimental.
Rebecca, I liked how your recommendation crossed with my thoughts. I added that exact book last week to my Amazon wishlist, and I've been thinking about getting it a lot since then. Oh, and anyone care to explain Portal? I know it's a videogame, and there's recently been released number 2. But ehm, being a noob videogame-wise I have no idea what Portal is or .. anything, really.

DFTBA till next week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment