Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Make-up

This might be a little short. I'm really tired. Sorry! :)

Make-up, I think, is fun and can be really useful for accentuating your good features and trying to keep attention away from features you don't exactly want to flaunt. I really don't wear make-up too often, though. I had a habit of wearing a little foundation a few months ago because I was kind of self-conscious of my skin. Recently, I've only been wearing make-up for special occasions or going out.

I go to an all-girls high school, so not many people wear make-up everyday. Most of the girls in my class are too tired or don't care enough to try. Some girls do wear make-up everyday, and it kind of stuns me when I see them without it.

As for my own make-up (when I do wear it), I like to wear some brown eyeliner and foundation. I avoid wearing mascara and black eyeliner because I always seem to get mascara on my eyelids and the black eyeliner does not come off entirely, giving me a sickly look. I occasionally wear lip gloss, but I keep a tube of Chapstick with me at all times.

To me, too much make-up is the really thick, dark raccoon eyes that some girls sport. I think that it makes their eyes look tiny, and the eyes are the best feature, in my opinion. Also, layers and layers of foundation makes me cringe.

I agree with Rebecca when she says that make-up shouldn't make you feel prettier. It should be fun and something that you want to do, not just have to do in order to be beautiful.

Recommendation: BLTs. If you don't know what they are (I'm sure most of you do), it's a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with or without mayo. I had one for dinner and it was delicious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment